Hi Grant,

Thanks for the info and your point is well taken. I should have been
clearer that I have no intention of this project being a long-term
solution for spatial search in Solr - rather I was looking to build a
rough and ready solution that gives some basic spatial search
capabilities to tide us over until the real deal is available in Solr
1.5. That being said, I'd love to be of use in the official spatial
efforts, so I'll be sure to take a look at the related tickets and see
if there is anywhere I can help out.

Mat