On Jan 7, 2010, at 1:05 PM, Jon Poulton wrote:

I've also just noticed that QueryParsing is not in the SolrJ API. It's in one of the other Solr jar dependencies.

I'm beginning to think that maybe the best approach it to write a query string generator which can generate strings of the form:

q={!lucene q.op=AND df=text}myfield:foo +bar -baz

Then just set this on a SolrQuery instance and send it over the wire. It not the kind of string you'd want an end user to have to type out.

Yes, if you need to manipulate the local params, that seems like a good approach.

Solrj was written before the local params syntax was introduced.

A patch that adds LocalParams support to solrj would be welcome :)

ryan