Hi everyone,

I am attempting to implement a faceted drill down feature with Solr. I am
having problems explaining some results of the fq parameter.

Let's say I have two fields, 'people' and 'category'. I do a search for 'dog'
and ask to facet on the people and category fields.

I am told that there are 200 documents with people='bob' and 100 with
category='news'.

I would expect that when I make the query q=dog, fq=category:news that the new
faceting results should never show more than 100 entries. However this is not
what I see. Instead I see facets on fields exceeding 100. How could that be
when I just told it to filter and only show the 100 articles that contained
category:news?

Thanks,
Kallin Nagelberg.