Hi all,

we are facing extremly increasing warmup times the last 15 days, which
we are not able to explain, since the number of documents and their size
 is stable. Before the increase we can commit our changes in nearly 20
minutes, now it is about 2 hours.

We were able to identify the warmup of the caches (queryresultCache and
filterCache) as the reason. We tried to decrease the number of warmup
elements from 30000 to 10000 without any impact.

What influences the runtime during the warmup? Is there any possibility
to boost the warmup?

I attach some more information and statistics.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Stefan

Solr:           1.3
Documents:      4.000.000
-Xmx            12G
index size/disc 4.7G

config:

<queryResultWindowSize>100</queryResultWindowSize>
<queryResultMaxDocsCached>200</queryResultMaxDocsCached>

No queries configured for warming.

CACHES:
=======

name:           queryResultCache
class:          org.apache.solr.search.LRUCache
version:        1.0
                          initialSize=30000,
                          autowarmCount=10000,
        regenerator=org.apache.solr.search.solrindexsearche...@36eb7331)
stats:

lookups:        15958
hits :          9589
hitratio:       0.60
inserts:        16211
evictions:      0
size:           16169
warmupTime :    1960239
cumulative_lookups:     436250
cumulative_hits:        260678
cumulative_hitratio:    0.59
cumulative_inserts:     174066
cumulative_evictions:   0

name:           filterCache
class:          org.apache.solr.search.LRUCache
version:        1.0
                          initialSize=30000,
                          autowarmCount=30000,
        regenerator=org.apache.solr.search.solrindexsearche...@9818f80)