Hi experts,

Please help me out on this.

I have a collection of about 30K documents which pertain to pop artists (eg.
Madonna, Michael Jackson). These artist names are indexed in the field named
"artist_t" which has the following properties in dynamic field declaration:
<dynamicField name="*_t" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

Most of the documents will have MJ as their artist. I am using EdgeNGram filter
factory to get a typeahead implementation. i.e.

when I type in "m" I would get "madonna", michael jackson", "miley cyrus" etc
as results. The problem that I have now is that all these terms are repeated.

When I search for "m", instead of "madonna", "michael jackson".... I am getting
MJ repeated many times in the initiall 10 docs that solr brings by default.

I need to make all these artists unique i.e if I search "m", I should get
individual results just once?

How should I change the schema file and is there a query tweaking required?

Any help would be dearly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Manas