org/apache/solr/util/plugin/SolrCoreAware in the stack trace refers to
an interface in the main Solr jar.

I think this means that putting all of the libs in
apache-tomcat-6.0.20/lib is a mistake: the classloader finds
ExtractingRequestHandler in
apache-tomcat-6.0.20/lib/apache-solr-cell-1.4.1-dev.jar, but that it
wants the above interface. The main Solr jar is not available somehow.
Since the solr-cell jar is in multiple places, we don't know exactly
how Tomcat finds it.

I suggest that you go back to a clean, empty Tomcat, and the original
Solr distribution. Copy the solr war file to the right directory in
Tomcat. Get Solr talking to your solr/ directory
(-Dsolr.solr.home=path). Now, check if the <lib> directives in the
solrconfig.xml are right.

--
Lance Norskog
goks...@gmail.com