The 'abortOnConfigurationError' option was added a long time ago...
at the time, there were many errors that would just be written to the
logs but startup would continue normally.

I felt (and still do) that if there is a configuration error
everything should fail loudly.  The option in solrconfig.xml was added
as a back-compatible way to get both behaviors.

I don't see any value in letting solr continue working even though
something was configured wrong.

Does a lack replies to this thread imply that everyone agrees?
(Reading the email, and following directions, i should just "ignore
this email)

Ryan