Additionally to my first post:
At the wiki there is given a http-request for full-import.
I haven't worked yet with SolrJ, but I think you need to copy those parts
from the URL that show the directory-structure of your Solr-instance.

For the example I suggested to have a look at, I think it will looks like
this, if your dataImportHandler is called "yourDataImportHandler":
/example/example-DIH/solr/db/yourDataImportHandler?command=full-import

Searching for "SolrJ" you may find some examples for a SolrJ-client
application.