I'm setting up my Solr index to be updated every x minutes.

Does Solr cache the result of a search, and then when next time the same search
is requested, it'd recognize that the Index has not changed and therefore just
return the previous result from cache without processing the search again?

If Solr doesn't do that, can Tomcat or Jetty be configured to cache a
dynamically generated result for x minutes and serve that from cache until it
expires?

Or I'd need to use a caching reverse proxy like Squid or Varnish to do that?

Please share your experience - do you actually set up some caching system like
this?