Good question, +1 on finding answer, my take ...

Depending on how large of log files you are talking about it might be better
off to do this w/ HDFS / Hadoop (and a script language like Pig) (or Amazon EMR)

http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=873

Theoretically you could split the logs to fields, use a dataimporter and search
/ sort w/ something like LineEntityProcessor.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#LineEntityProcessor

I've tried to use Solr as a log analytics tool (before dataimporthandler) and
it was not worth the disk space or practical but I'd love to hear otherwise.
In general you could flush daily logs to an index but working w/ the data in
another context if you had to seems better fit for HDFS use (I think).

- Jon