From: RamaKrishna Atmakur [mailto:ramkrishn...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:57 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Strange behavior for certain words

Hi,
   We are trying to use SOLR for searching our catalog online and during QA
came across a interesting case where SOLR is not returning results that it
should.

Specificially, we have indexed things like "Title" and "Description", of the
words in the Title happens to be "Prepaid' and "Postpaid". However when we
search on those words, SOLR does not return any results.
But if we search on some other words in the same title in which the word
"Prepaid" occurs then the correct results are returned. In fact SOLR even
returns the result count for the Prepaid and Postpaid facets.

We know that there are no synonyms associated with both those words and these
words are also not in any other list such as stopwords.txt etc.

Any idea as to why this should be happening ?

Thanks in advance,
Rama