From: Antonio Lobato [mailto:alob...@symplicity.com]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 2:44 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Date faceting and memory leaks

What garbage collection settings are you running at the command line
when starting Solr?
On May 17, 2010, at 2:41 PM, Yao wrote:

> I have been running load testing using JMeter on a Solr 1.4 index with
~4
> million docs. I notice a steady JVM heap size increase as I iterator
100
> query terms a number of times against the index. The GC does not seems
> claim the heap after the test run is completed. It will run into
OutOfMemory
> as I repeat the test or increase the number of threads/users.
>
> The date facet queries are specified as following (as part of "append"
> section in request handler):
>    <lst name="appends">
>    <str name="facet.query">{!ex=last_modified}last_modified:[NOW-30DAY
> *]</str>
>     <str
name="facet.query">{!ex=last_modified}last_modified:[NOW-90DAY TO
> NOW-30DAY]</str>
>     <str
name="facet.query">{!ex=last_modified}last_modified:[NOW-180DAY TO
> NOW-90DAY]</str>
>     <str
name="facet.query">{!ex=last_modified}last_modified:[NOW-365DAY TO
> NOW-180DAY]</str>
>     <str
name="facet.query">{!ex=last_modified}last_modified:[NOW-730DAY TO