Hi guys/gals,

I am using apache-solr-1.4.0.war deployed to glassfishv3 on my development
machine which is Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit.  I am using Solrj 1.4 using the
CommonsHttpSolrServer connection to that Solr instance
(http://localhost:8080/apache-solr-1.4.0) during my development.  To simplify
things however, I have found that I can duplicate my issue directly from Solr
example admin page so for ease of confirmation, I will use the Solr Example
Admin page for this example:

I deployed the apache-solr-1.4.0/dist/apache-solr-1.4.0.war file to my
glassfishv3 application server.  It deploys successfully.  I access
http://localhost:8080/apache-solr-1.4.0/admin/form.jsp and enter into
"Solr/Lucene Statement" textarea this word:

numéro      (Note the é)

When I check the server.log file, I see this:

INFO: [] webapp=/apache-solr-1.4.0 path=/select
params={indent=on&version=2.2&q=numéro&fq=&start=0&rows=10&fl=*,score&qt=standard&wt=standard&explainOther=&hl.fl=}
 hits=0 status=0 QTime=16

As well, the output from the Admin system is with the same incorrect decoding.

In my SolrJ using application, I have a test case which queries for "numéro"
and succeeds if I use Embedded and fails if I use CommonsHttpSolrServer... I
don't want to use embedded for a number of reasons including that its not
recommended (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/EmbeddedSolr)

I am sorry if you'd dealt with this issue in the past, I've spent a few hours
googling for solr utf-8 query and glassfishv3 utf-8 uri  plus other
permutations/combinations but there were seemingly endless amounts of chaff
that I couldn't find anything useful after scouring it for a few hours.  I
can't decide whether it's a glassfish issue or not so I am not sure where to
direct my energy.  Any tips or advice are appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Tim Gilbert