On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 6:38 AM, Peter Karich <peat...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> while asking a question on stackoverflow [1] some other questions appear:
> Is SolrJ a recommended way to access Solr or should I prefer the HTTP
> interface?

solrj vs HTTP interface?  That will just be a matter of taste.  If you
are working in java, then solrj is likely a good option.

> How can I (j)unit-test Solr? (e.g. create+delete index via Java call)

If you want to mess with creating/removing indexes at runtime, see:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

> Is Lucene faster than Solr? ... do you have experiences, preferable with
> the same index?

solr is built ontop of lucene, so in that regard it is the same speed.
 Depending on your app, the abstractions that solr makes may make it
less efficient then working directly in lucene.  Unless you have very
specialized needs, I doubt this will make a big difference.