I'm using solr 1.4 and need to utilize a geospatial extension (spatial
solr).  In order to do that, the indexed document must have cartesian
tier information appended.  These are not specific to spatial solr, as
solr and lucene local require the same I believe.

I'm currently using DataImportHandler to index database contained in a
SQL database.  The lat/lng radians coordinates are contained in there
as well.  I'd like to know if there is a way for me to dynamically
generate that information with my current setup.  All
examples/information I've seen generate these fields through the API
vs. declaratively.

Wondering if there is some way to dynamically generate fields during
the import process and/or some other declarative configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Ilya Sterin