Hi,

I have a requirement to dynamically choose a fieldType to analyze text in
multiple languages. I will know the language (in a separate field) at index
and query time.

I've tried implementing this with a custom UpdateRequestProcessorFactory and
custom DocumentBuilder.toDocument to change the FieldType, but this dosen't
work.

I realize I can have e.g. text_en, text_de,... and dynamically populate this
with a custom UpdateRequestProcessorFactory, but we are worried with all the
languages (lets say 50+) that effectively doing an OR with 50 fields will be
a performance issue, is this true?

Many thanks in advance,
Dan