Take a look at the scoring algorithm on the Wiki, it already takes
this into account, albeit modified by how many times the term
is mentioned in the field. So a field with 5 terms and one match
will score higher than one with 10 terms and one match. Where
it lands with 10 terms and 2 matches I leave as an exercise for
the reader.

I really think you're reinventing the wheel here and looking at the
default scoring mechanism would be a good use of your time.

Best
Erick