Le 02-juin-10 à 16:57, stockii a écrit :

all the process in in htop show, have a own PID. so thats are no threads ?

No, you can't say that.
In general it is sufficient for the "mother process" to be killed but it can take several attempts.

i restart my tomcat via " /etc/init.d/tomcat restart "
do you think that after ervery resart the processes arent closed ?

after bin/shutdown.sh it is very common to me that some hanging threads remain... and we crafted my little script snippet (which is kind of specific) to actually prevent this and kill... after a while only.

it's not optimal.

paul