Hi All,

I've been running some tests using 6 shards each one containing about 1
millions documents.
Each shard is running in its own virtual machine with 7 GB of ram (5GB
allocated to the JVM).
After about 1100 unique queries the shards start to struggle and run out of
memory. I've reduced all
other caches without significant impact.

When I remove completely the fieldCollapseCache, the server can keep up for
hours
and use only 2 GB of ram. (I'm even considering returning to a 32 bits JVM)

The size of the fieldCollapseCache was set to 5000 items. How can 5000 items
eat 3 GB of ram?

Can someone tell me what is put in this cache? Has anyone experienced this kind
of problem?

I am running Solr 1.4.1 with patch 236. All requests are collapsing on a single
field (pint) and
collapse.maxdocs set to 200 000.

Thanks for any hints...