oh yes, *...* works. thanks.

I saw tokenizer is defined in schema.xml. There are a few places that define
the tokenizer. Wondering if it is enough to define one for:

<fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
       <!--  --------  this is the only one I need to modify ? --------- -->
       <!-- --------------------------------------------------------- -->
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
                ignoreCase="true"
                words="stopwords.txt"
                enablePositionIncrements="true"
                />
        <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0"
splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="English"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
                ignoreCase="true"
                words="stopwords.txt"
                enablePositionIncrements="true"
                />
        <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0" catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0"
splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="English"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>    </fieldType>

 thanks,
canal