Hi

Sorry, it wasn't very clear was it? [?]

Yes, I use a 'template' core that isn't used and create a copy of this on
the command line. I then edit the newcore/conf/solrconfig.xml and set the
data path, add data-import sections etc and then I edit the
solr.home/solr.xml and add the core name & directory to that.  I then go to
the Tomcat manager/html and reload Solr.

The problem I get is that if I have broken something in the new core Solr
(correctly) doesn't reload and the other cores aren't then working.

I don't need replication just yet but I will be looking into that
eventually.

Regards
Andrew