Hi,

I've recently been looking into Spellchecking in solr, and was struck by how
limited the usefulness of the tool was.

Like most corpora , ours contains lots of different spelling mistakes for
the same word, so the 'spellcheck.onlyMorePopular' is not really that useful
unless you click on it numerous times.

I was thinking that since most of the time people spell words correctly why
was there no other frequency parameter that could enter into the score? i.e.
something like:

spell_score ~ edit_dist * freq

I'm sure others have come across this issue and was wonding what
steps/algorithms they have used to overcome these limitations?

Cheers,
Dan