another look, your problem is ковров itself... its mapped to ковр

a workaround might be to use the protected words functionality to
keep ковров and any other problematic people/geo names as-is.

separately, in trunk there is an alternative russian stemmer
(RussianLightStemFilterFactory), which might give you less problems on
average, but I noticed it has this same problem with the example you gave.

--
Robert Muir
rcm...@gmail.com