Hi,

You don't need to duplicate the content into two fields to achieve this. Try
this:

q=mount OR mount*

The exact match will always get higher score than the wildcard match because
wildcard matches uses "constant score".

Making this work for multi term queries is a bit trickier, but something along
these lines:

q=(mount OR mount*) AND (everest OR everest*)

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com