If you want to change the schema on the live index, make sure you do a
compatible change, as Solr does not do any type checking or schema change
validation.

I would ADD a field with another name for the tint field.
Unfortunately you have to re-index to have an index built on this field.
May I suggest that you start re-feeding a portion of the index every day until
finished. Use large batches between each commit(), and make sure to run an
optimize every copule of days to get rid of "dead meat".

If you simply do not have the orignial data for refeed, perhaps it is possible
to extract all string values offline from the index and somehow rebuild the
index offline?

Andrzej, is that possible?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect