You could index into your id (or another field) the download url of the
document and then use that to enable download of the document.

Ephraim Ofir

-----Original Message-----
From: Lance Norskog [mailto:goks...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 1:07 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Download document from solr

Yes. Indexing a PDF&other types with '/extract' means that Solr finds
words in the document and indexes those in a field 'content'. It does
not save the binary contents of the file. You could make a request
handler that fetches one document and generates a redirect to the
link.

--
Lance Norskog
goks...@gmail.com