>Please let me know if there are any other ideas / suggestions to implement
this.

You're indexing program should really take care of this IMHO. Each time your
indexer inserts a document to Solr, flag the corresponding entity in your
RDBMS, each time you delete, remove the flag. You should implement this as a
transaction to make sure all is still fine in the unlikely event of a crash
midway.