On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Peter A. Kirk <p...@alpha-solutions.dk> wrote:
> Fantastic - that is exactly what I was looking for!
>
> But here is one thing I don't undertstand:
>
> If I call the url:
> http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/luke?numTerms=10&fl=name
>
> Some of the result looks like:
>
> <lst name="fields">
>  <lst name="name">
>    <lst name="topTerms">
>      <int name="gb">18</int>
>
> Does this mean that the term "gb" occurs 18 times in the name field?
Yes that is the Doc Frequency of the term "gb". Remember that deleted
/ updated documents and their terms contribute to the doc frequency
until they are expunged from the index. That either happens through a
segment merge in the background or due to an explicit call to
optimize.

> Because if I issue this search:
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=name:gb
>
> I get results like:
> <result name="response" numFound="9" start="0">
>  <doc>
>
> So it only finds 9?
Since the "gb" term says 18 occurrences throughout the index I suspect
you updated you docs once without optimizing or indexing a lot of docs
so that segments are merged. Try to call optimize if you can afford it
and see if the doc-freq count goes back to 9

simon