I think that is just sending 2 fq facet queries through. In Solr PHP I would do
that with, e.g.

$params['facet'] = true;
$params['facet.fields'] = array('Size');
$params['fq'] => array('sex' => array('Men', 'Women'));

but yes i think you'd have to send through what the current facet query is and
add it to your next drill-down