Hi,

Yep, I was just looking at the analyzer jsp. The ngrams *do* exist as expected,
so it's not my configuration that is at fault (he says)

Index Analyzer
sh      ho      oo      ot      te      er      sho     hoo     oot     ote
ter     shoo    hoot    oote    oter    shoot   hoote   ooter   shoote  hooter
sh      ho      oo      ot      te      er      sho     hoo     oot     ote
ter     shoo    hoot    oote    oter    shoot   hoote   ooter   shoote  hooter
sh      ho      oo      ot      te      er      sho     hoo     oot     ote
ter     shoo    hoot    oote    oter    shoot   hoote   ooter   shoote  hooter
sh      ho      oo      ot      te      er      sho     hoo     oot     ote
ter     shoo    hoot    oote    oter    shoot   hoote   ooter   shoote  hooter
Query Analyzer

sh      ho      oo      ot      te      er      sho     hoo     oot     ote
ter     shoo    hoot    oote    oter    shoot   hoote   ooter   shoote  hooter
sh      ho      oo      ot      te      er      sho     hoo     oot     ote
ter     shoo    hoot    oote    oter    shoot   hoote   ooter   shoote  hooter
sh      ho      oo      ot      te      er      sho     hoo     oot     ote
ter     shoo    hoot    oote    oter    shoot   hoote   ooter   shoote  hooter
sh      ho      oo      ot      te      er      sho     hoo     oot     ote
ter     shoo    hoot    oote    oter    shoot   hoote   ooter   shoote  hooter

Yet, searching either

/solr/select?q=hoot

or

/solr/select?q=name:hoot

does not yield results.

When searching for shooter I see 2 results with names:

1. <str name="name">Shooters International Inc</str>
2. <str name="name">Hong Kong Shooter</str>

Yours, puzzled :)