I have an indexing pipeline that occasionally needs to check if a
document is already in the index (even if not commited yet).

Any suggestions on how to do this without calling <commit/> before each check?

I have a list of document ids and need to know which ones are in the
index (actually I need to know which ones are not in the index)  I
figured I would write a custome RequestHandler that would check the
main Reader and the UpdateHander reader, but it now looks like
'update' is handled directly within IndexWriter.

Any ideas?

thanks
ryan