Here's what I would do -

Search all the fields everytime regardless of language. Use one handler and
specify all of these in "qf" and "pf".
question_en, answer_en,
question_fr, answer_fr,
question_pl,  answer_pl

Individual field based analyzers will take care of appropriate tokenization
and you will get a match across all languages.

Even with this setup if you wanted you could also have a separate field
called "language" and use a "fq" to limit searches to that language only.

-Pradeep