On 10/21/2010 1:42 PM, didier deshommes wrote:
I noticed that the java-based replication does not make replication of
multiple core automatic. For example, if I have a master with 7
cores, any slave I set up has to explicitly know about each of the 7
cores to be able to replicate them. This information is stored in
solr.xml, and since this file is out of the conf/ directory, it's
impossible to make the java-based replication copy this file over each
slave. Is this by design? For those of you  doing multicore
replication, how do you handle it?

My slave replication handler looks like this, used for all cores. The solr.core.name parameter is dynamically replaced with the name of the current core:

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
<lst name="slave">
<str name="masterUrl">http://HOST:8983/solr/${solr.core.name}/replication</str>
<str name="pollInterval">00:00:15</str>
</lst>