On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 8:20 AM, bbarani <bbar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to implement auto suggest feature in our application.
>
> I would like to know the difference between terms vs spell check component.
>
> Both the handlers seems to display almost the same output, can anyone let
> me
> know the difference and also I would like to know when to go for spell
> check
> and when to go for terms component.

SpellCheckComponent is designed to operate on whole words and not partial
words so I don't know how well it will work for auto-suggest, if at all.

As far as differences between SpellCheckComponent and Terms Component is
concerned, TermsComponent is a straight prefix match whereas SCC takes edit
distance into account. Also, SCC can deal with phrases composed of multiple
words and also gives back a collated suggestion.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.