I wonder...I know that sed would work to find and replace the terms in all
of the csv files that I am indexing but would it work to find and replace
key terms in the index?

find C:\\tmp\\index\\data -type f -exec sed -i 's/AF/AFGHANISTAN/g' {} \;

That command would iterate through all the files in the data directory and
replace the country code with the full country name. I many just back up the
directory and try it. I have it running on csv files right now and it's
working wonderfully. For those of you interested, I am indexing the entire
Geonames dataset http://download.geonames.org/export/dump/ (allCountries.zip)
which gives me a pretty comprehensive world gazetteer. My next step is gonna
be to display the results as KML to view over a google globe.

Thoughts?

Adam