Hi all,
I'm currently using Solr and I've got a question about filtering on a lower
level than filter queries.
We want to be able to restrict the documents that can possibly be returned to a
users query. From another system we'll get a list of document unique ids for
the user which is all the documents that they can possibly see (i.e. a base
index list as such). The criteria for what document ids get returned is going
to be quite flexible. As the number of ids can be up to index size - 1 (i.e.
thousands) using a filter query doesn't seem right for entering a filter query
which is so large.
Can something be done at a lower level - perhaps at a Lucene level - as I
understand Lucene starts from a bitset of possible documents it can return -
could we AND this with a filter bitset returned from the other system? Would
this be a good way forward?
And then how would you do this in Solr with still keeping Solr's extra
functionality it brings over Lucene. A new SearchHandler?
Thanks
Mike