Thanks Pankaj - that was useful to know. I havent used the query stuff
before for facets .. so that was good to know .. but the problem is still
there because I want the hierarchical counts which is exactly what
facet.pivot does ..

so e.g. i want to count for fieldC within fieldB and even fieldB within
fieldA .. that kind of stuff .. for string based fields .. facet.pivot does
exactly that and does it very well .. but it doesnt seems to work for date
ranges .. so in this case I want counts to be broken down by fieldA and
fieldB and then fieldB counts for monthly ranges .. I understand that I
might be able to use facet.query to construct several queries to get these
counts .. e.g. *facet.query=fieldA:someValue AND fieldB:someValue AND
fieldC:[NOW-1YEAR TO NOW]* .. but there could be thousand of possible
combinations for fieldA and fieldB which will require as many facet.queries
which I am assuming is not the way to go ..

it might be confusing what I have explained above so the simple question
still is if there is a way to get date range counts included in facet.pivot

Adeel