I think this could be down to the same server rule applied to ajax requests.

Your not allowed to display content from two different servers :-(

the good news solr supports jsonp which is a neat trick around this try this
(pasted from another thread)

queryString = "*:*"
$.getJSON(
            "http://[server]:[port]/solr/
select/?jsoncallback=?",
                {"q": queryString,
                "version": "2.2",
                "start": "0",
                "rows": "10",
                "indent": "on",
                "json.wrf": "callbackFunctionToDoSomethingWithOurData",
                "wt": "json",
                "fl": "field1"}
        );

and the callback function

function callbackFunctionToDoSomethingWithOurData(solrData) {
           // do stuff with your nice data
        }

cheers lee c