Well, getting close to the time when the 'rubber meets the road'.

A couple of questions about dynamic fields.

  A/ How much room in the index do 'non used' dynamic fields add per record,
any?
  B/ Is the search done on the dynamic filed name in the schema, or on the name
that was matched?
  C/ Anyone done something like:

    //schema file// (representative, not actual)
    *_int1
    *_int2
    *_int3
    *_int4

    *_datetime1
    *_datetime2
      .
      .

Then have fields in the imported data (especially using a DIH importing from a
VIEW) that have custom names like:
    //import source//(representative, not actual)
    custom_labelA_int1
    custom_labelB_int2

    custom_labelC_datetime1
    custom_labelD_datetime2

Is this how dynamic fields are used? I was thinking of having approximately
1-20
dynamic fields per datatype of interest.

  D/ If I wanted all text based dynamic fields added to some common field in
the
index (sorry, bad terminology), how is that done?

 Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
It is always a good idea to learn from your own mistakes. It is usually a
better
idea to learn from others’ mistakes, so you do not have to make them yourself.
from 'http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=4501&tag=nl.e036'

EARTH has a Right To Life,
otherwise we all die.