On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:08 AM, Wilson, Robert
<rwil...@constantcontact.com> wrote:
> We are just staring with Solr and have a multi core implementation and need
> to delete all the rows in the index to clean things up.
>
> When running an update via a url we are using something like the following
> which works fine:
> http://localhost:8983/solr/template/update/csv?commit=true&escape=\&stream.file=/opt/TEMPLATE_DATA.csv
>
> Not clear on how to delete all the rows in this index. The documentation
> gives this example:
[...]

Not sure where you got that from. The proper delete query to delete
*all* records would be:

Please note that you have to follow the delete with a commit. You
can use curl to call Solr for both the delete and commit. Please see
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages for details.

Regards,
Gora