There is another way to ingest data using DIH. Check out the
HTMLStripTransformer

      <entity name="CDC"
        pk="link"
        datasource="filedatasource"
        url="http://www2c.cdc.gov/podcasts/createrss.asp?t=r&amp;c=19";
        processor="XPathEntityProcessor"
        forEach="/rss/channel | /rss/channel/item"
        transformer="DateFormatTransformer,HTMLStripTransformer">

        <field column="source"       xpath="/rss/channel/title"
commonField="true" />
        <field column="source-link"  xpath="/rss/channel/link"
 commonField="true" />
        <field column="subject"      xpath="/rss/channel/description"
commonField="true" />
        <field column="title"        xpath="/rss/channel/item/title" />
        <field column="link"         xpath="/rss/channel/item/link" />
        <field column="description"  xpath="/rss/channel/item/description"
stripHTML="true" />
        <field column="creator"      xpath="/rss/channel/item/creator" />
        <field column="item-subject" xpath="/rss/channel/item/subject" />
        <field column="author"       xpath="/rss/channel/item/author" />
        <field column="comments"     xpath="/rss/channel/item/comments" />
        <field column="pubdate"      xpath="/rss/channel/item/pubDate"
dateTimeFormat="EEE, dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:sss z" />
        <field column="dcdate"       xpath="/rss/channel/item/date"
dateTimeFormat="yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:sss'Z'" />
        <field column="lat"        xpath="/rss/channel/item/lat" />
        <field column="lng"        xpath="/rss/channel/item/long" />
      </entity>

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:10 AM, arnaud gaudinat <arnaud.gaudi...@gmail.com