Tri,

During replication:
* extra disk IO on slaves during replication - worst if you are replicating an
optimized index, which can hurt if your index is not RAM resident
* the above will consume some of your OS buffer cache, which can hurt
* increased network usage - never seen this becoming a real problem, but if you
are replicating a large and always optimized index, it might cause problems

After replication:
* potentially high CPU usage during the warmup of the new IndexSearcher,
depending on warmup queries used, cache warmup settings, etc.

Otis
----