Hi Otis,

I was implementing Katta because I discovered it before Solr Cloud.
Before replying to your email, I took some time to go through the examples
on the solr cloud wiki.

The examples worked without any issue for me and I now have a better
understanding of what solr cloud is offering.

My experience with it so far is good.

It seems to me that Solr Cloud and Katta both offer failover using
zookeeper, load balancing, and easier shard deployment and shard searching.

These are all important issues for my company and I as we have many sharded
indexes. We are always looking for ways to simplify and shorten the time it
takes to index, deploy, maintain, and trouble shoot those sharded
collections.

A major difference I see between the between the two is that Katta relies on
Hadoop HDFS for storage whereas solr cloud has no such dependence.

I still would like to integrate Katta into Solr. If for no other reason than
to complete a task that I set out to do. Also, it would be nice to explore
its differences from solr cloud, giving us a choice in which solution to
implement.

So, I am still looking for some assistance integrating Katta with Solr. :-)

Thanks,
Jerry