Or how can I perform a query on the current state of the index from within an UpdateProcessor?

Thanks

On 2/25/11 6:30 AM, Mark wrote:
I am trying to write my own custom UpdateHandler that extends DirectUpdateHandler2.

I would like to be able to query the current state of the index within the addDoc method. How would I be able to accomplish this?

I tried something like the following but it was a big fat fail as it quickly created an enormous amount of indexes files and I received a "too many open files" exception.

/iwCommit.lock();
try {
    openWriter();
    docs = new IndexSearcher(writer.getReader()).search(query, MAX_DOCS);
} finally {
    iwCommit.unlock();
}/

I'm guessing the call to new IndexSearcher is at fault but I'm unsure of a way around this.

Thanks for your help!