You may have noticed the ResponseWriter code is pretty hairy!  Things
are package protected so that the API can change between minor release
without concern for back compatibility.

In 4.0 (/trunk) I hope to rework the whole ResponseWriter framework so
that it is more clean and hopefully stable enough that making parts
public is helpful.

For now, you can:
- copy the code
- put your class in the same package name
- make it public in your own distribution

ryan