When I sort by price ascending, documents with no price are listed
first. I would like them listed last. I tried adding the
sortMissingLast flag, even though it says it is only for strings, but
it did not help. Why doesn't sortMissingLast work on non-strings? This
seems like a very common issue, but I couldn't find any solutions when
I searched this group and on google.

The map function almost works, but if I use this, then prices of 0 are
treated as null, which is not what I want.
sort=map(price,0,0,9999999999)+asc

schema.xml:
    <fieldType name="tfloat" class="solr.TrieFloatField"
precisionStep="8" omitNorms="true" positionIncrementGap="0"/>
   <field name="price" type="tfloat" indexed="true" sortMissingLast="true" />

Thanks, Scott