Tomás

That wont really work, transliteration to Romaji works for individual terms
only so you would need to tokenize the Japanese prior to transliteration. I am
not sure what tool you plan to use for transliteration, I have used ICU in the
past and from what I can tell it does not transliterates Kanji. Besides
transliterating Kanji is debatable for a variety of reasons.

What I would suggest is that you transliterate Hiragana to Katakana, leave the
Kanji alone, and index/search using ngrams. If you want 'proper' tokenization I
would recommend Mecab.

I have looked into this for a client and there is no clear cut solution.

Cheers

François