From: François Schiettecatte [fschietteca...@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 March 2011 13:47
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using Solr 1.4.1 on most recent Tomcat 7.0.11

Lewis

My update from tomcat 7.0.8 to 7.0.11 went with no hitches, I checked my
context file and it does not have the xml preamble your has, specifically:
'<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>',

Here is my context file:
----
<Context docBase="/home/omim/lib/java/apache-solr-4.0-2011-02-09_08-06-20.war"
debug="0" crossContext="true" >
   <Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String"
value="/home/omim/index/" override="true" />
</Context>
---

Hope this helps.

Cheers

François

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year
2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career
Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html