> I'm afraid this could have some side effects.
> I suppose that thematic* would then return:
> thematically
> but also "the matico"

No, WDF only works on tokens from the tokenizer. It would
not concatenate two separate tokens together, just tokens generated
because of, say, case changes, punctuation, etc in the single token
that made it through, say, WhitespaceTokenizerFactory.

The analysis page should make that clear, have you looked at it?

But if WDF doesn't do what you want then I don't know what in Solr
will do it OOTB.

Best
Erick