Hi All,

I just to want to share some findings which clearly identified the reason
for our performance bottleneck. we had looked into several areas for
optimization mostly directed at Solr configurations, stored fields,
highlighting, JVM, OS cache etc. But it turned out that the "main" culprit
was elsewhere. We were using the terms component for auto suggestion and
while examining the firebug outputs for time taken during the searches, we
detected that multiple requests were being spawned for autosuggestion as we
typed in the keyword to search (1 request per each character typed) and this
in turn cost us great delay in getting the search results. Once we turned
auto suggestion off, the performance was remarkably better and came down to
a second or so (compared to 8-10 seconds registered earlier).

if anybody has some suggestions/experience on how to leverage autosuggestion
without affecting search performance much, please do share them.

Once again, thanks for your inputs in analyzing our issues.